Tiffany and Company is currently seeking a Manager-Security out of our Parsippany, NJ offices. The Manager-Security Engineering is a key leadership position within the Information Security Team and is responsible for managing and supporting a team of Security Engineers. Leveraging best practices from agile project management and leadership skills, this individual will guide the team through the process of collaboratively developing, implementing and maintaining the company’s information security monitoring tools, control systems and applications.
This includes the development of security solutions in the scrum master role or facilitating Kanban to define projects and lead the team through project milestones. This role will work with internal security team members as well as vendors from product evaluation and procurement phases through managing service delivery and platform support.
As a member of the IT Leadership Team, this position will influence technology strategy and will collaborate with other department leaders to develop the maturity and acceptance of the security strategy.
Security Engineering Team Management
• Provide daily guidance and support to Security Engineers.
• Build and support annual objectives for team and individual members.
• Influence and support development plans for all direct reports.
• Facilitate collaborative sessions with team to encourage problem solving and knowledge sharing.
• Oversee relationships with outsourced resources and ensure program success.
Project and Enhancement Leadership
• Work closely with Security Engineers to shepherd new security products from inception to completion.
• Mediate between competing interests and personalities to create alignment on priority, scope and realistic timelines.
• Champion and support agile product development practices (if appropriate) and tailor the process to work for the Security Engineering Team.
• Develop and oversee security portfolio status reporting.
• Facilitate continuous improvement by rooting out systemic issues, process problems and work with colleagues to find resolutions.
Security Solutions Development
• Oversee the evaluation of new security technologies.
• Manage Proof of Concepts to test technology capabilities.
• Lead Engineers to select products that match security requirements.
• Document and track proposals, plans, and accomplishments.
Finance and Vendor Contract Management
• Oversee the capital and expense budget for the Security Engineering Team.
• Oversee the financial control management for the team.
• Support vendor contract review process.
• 7+ years of professional leadership experience
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in security management, project management or software development in an Agile environment
• Hands on Scrum Master experience, formal Agile training or experience with Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow or other project management / Kanban solution
• Knowledge of cyber security standards and frameworks such as ISO and NIST
• Knowledge of secure software development environments
• Experience with security controls in a regulated environment such as SOX, PCI-DSS, and International Privacy Laws
• Demonstrated ability to lead collaboration with IT professionals
• Strong ability to communicate status and progress through written reports
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Strong technical fluency
• Industry security certifications including CISSP, CCSP, CISM, GSEC, CEH, GIAC or ISSAP
• Prior Retail industry security and / or information security experience a strong plus