Tiffany & Co is seeking a Sr. MSSQL Server DBA out of our Parsippany, NJ offices. The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical engineering and operational support for the overall quality of the enterprise technical environment. This includes architecture design, development, build, capacity and performance planning, documentation of deployed frameworks, Level 3 support, and ongoing evaluations of core technologies for these areas.
The Sr. MSSQL Server DBA will design, install, configure, support and manage Microsoft SQL servers and databases in clustered, standalone and cloud environments, as well as monitor database/ application growth and server resources to ensure optimum performance and availability. Additionally, the role will assist application development team with database tuning and SQL performance tuning, proactively monitor and resolve database support issues, and design, monitor and maintain automation for repeating database tasks. The Sr. Engineer will maintain a strong functional understanding of supported applications, develop and implement Database automation solution for repetitive tasks, and participate in Microsoft SQL Server Patching activities and Disaster Recovery.
This role will participate in cross-functional meetings with Application Support and Development teams to understand application design and requirements necessary to create quality technology solutions, recommend and modifies technology in response to business requirements or systems configurations, and be responsible for training and providing technical guidance team members. They will develop relevant documentation for new enterprise-scale technologies that will be supported by other groups, and be responsible for ensuring the transition of new enterprise-scale technologies to the Deployment and Support teams assisting with problem resolution when needed. Lastly, the Sr. Engineer will improve user/external vendor relationships
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or 5+ years experience with hands on experience with relevant technologies.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2016, including installation, administration, backup/recovery and troubleshooting.
• Experience with SQL server clustering (AlwaysOn), Availability Groups, Replication technology.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization
• Strong knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
• Experience with automating routine administrative tasks desired
• Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
• Experience in PCI and SOX compliance environments
• Ability to follow strict procedures and be disciplined in installation, documentation, event handling, and change control
• Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills
• Ability to work without supervision
• Basic understanding of Project Management Principals
• Familiarity with Quest Foglight, MIMIX Syncsort, EMC DD Boost preferred
• Experience with source control application (TFS, GIT) preferred
• Knowledge of .Net web technologies preferred