Tiffany & Co... the name instills images of Beauty, Romance and the iconic Blue Box. It is a Symbol of Excellence. For 180 years, Tiffany has created a legacy of exquisite designs and romantic ideals. Tiffany & Co.'s rich heritage of celebrated artists, historic milestones and magnificent jewelry creates the foundation from which our employees build upon each day. Tiffany employees are passionate, kind and professionally committed. We hold ourselves and our co-workers to very high standards. We continually educate ourselves about new merchandise collections, cultures and the evolving luxury market. Our respect and love for the brand creates a workplace like no other.
We expect our employees to deliver the Tiffany Experience to each and every customer and Tiffany is committed to creating an organization that recognizes and rewards excellence in service of this promise. For us, it is a dream to be associated with a company that is forever aligned with exquisite craftsmanship, timeless design and a dedicated commitment to corporate sustainability.
• Maintain a safe attitude at work and behave in a safe manner to prevent accidents and injuries
• Strictly adhere to all safe operating procedures as described by supervisor and through safety training programs
• Identify workplace hazards and ensure on-going compliance with applicable safety-related policies and procedures
• Assist with building and sidewalk snow removal as needed
• Prompt completion of all assigned Service Channel work order tickets and user requests
• Troubleshooting problems, preventative maintenance and repairs on customer service equipment, jewelery repair, and Tiffany Workshop. Fix and replace motors.
• Repairs of existing and new equipment as necessary
• Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing repairs and cleaning of appliances i.e. (ice machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, and cafeteria equipment).
• Support of CVM on all window changes, vitrine and case link work, etc.
• Maintain parts inventory and order required material and tools as required to complete assignments in a timely and professional craftsman like manner
• Support Wall Street and SoHo locations as required
• Continually assess the performance of designated systems, materials, construction assemblies and FF&E
• Report findings to management so design and/or changes can be made as required
• Participate in cross training and self-training sessions with the E&C staff to increase experience and knowledge base
• Maintain good order in the mechanical and storage areas shop at all times
• Test and inspect all emergency and life safety systems to meet NFPA, OSHA, FM and all other agency standards and guidelines including Fire Extinguisher and Ladder inspection reports
• Install and maintain equipment and supplies to support the safety of the operations. Utilization of proper personal protective equipment and tools needed for completing work in an appropriate and safe manner.
• Perform equipment repairs and project assignments to meet internal users needs and requests.
• Provide support to other trades as required to maintain the building and it’s systems. Provide support for special events and holiday setup and breakdown. Provide support to the building occupants, the Visual and Public Relations group projects.
• Perform daily building inspection support tours to include exterior perimeter, and roof reports, assist in tests and documentation
• Assure code requirements and internal policies of all outside contractors are met.
• Minimum of 5 years of prior experience
• Ability to read blue prints
• Ability to perform as fire safety director/emergency action plan
• Computer literate
• Must have following Certificate of Fitness: Q01
• Must be flexible to respond to afterhours call/emergencies
• Must be flexible to work overtime during evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Additional Certificate of Fitness - S12, S13, F01, F04, A35, F85