Tiffany & Company is seeking a Lead Desktop Engineer out of our Parsippany, NJ offices. The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical engineering for the overall quality of the enterprise technical environment. This includes architecture design, development, capacity and performance planning, documentation of deployed frameworks and ongoing evaluations of core technologies for these areas.
The Lead Desktop Engineer will assist with the development of migration, testing, implementation plans and configuration of new and existing technologies, participate in cross-functional meetings with Development Team, BA's, and User Groups to understand application design, requirements necessary to create quality technology solutions, and recommend and modify technology in response to business requirements or systems configurations. The role will also be responsible for training and providing technical guidance to team members, and developing relevant documentation for new enterprise-scale technologies that will be supported by other groups.
This role will be responsible for improving user/external vendor relationships, as well as for ensuring the transition of new enterprise-scale technologies to the Deployment and Support teams assisting with trouble resolution when needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or 7+ years experience with hands on experience with relevant technologies
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Mac Operating Systems and Applications (e.g. Office, Visio, Project and Outlook). This includes Deployment of Windows/Mac operating system in a Global Environment
• Ability to structure and draft technical documentation
• Demonstrated mastery of previous levels' skills and responsibilities
• Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills
• Ability to work without supervision
• Basic understanding of Project Management Principals
• Knowledge of ITIL practices a plus
• MCSA or MCSE preferred
• Experience with enterprise patch management, upgrades, deployment and refresh methodologies preferred
• Security and patch management (Microsoft, McAfee) is a plus
• Capability to supervise multiple projects and teams to meet project milestones, schedules, and scope in alliance with best practices preferred
• Ability to recognize reoccurring problems and work with IT and business partners to remediate using the problem management process preferred
• Ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions (conduct requirements gathering sessions, document requirements, and validate requirements)
• Ability to design deployment solutions for Enterprise-wide rollouts and upgrades preferred
• Ability to secure baseline image creation for multiple hardware configurations preferred