The Category Marketing Assistant Manager will play a key role in helping shape and execute long- range strategic marketing plans for the Fashion Collections Category. This position will lead the development of initiatives designed to deliver against the Company's vision and key financial goals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate classical brand management skills and success in the following areas:
1) Business Strategy and Analytics: The ability to translate consumer and data insights into action plans that can generate a positive impact on business results
2) Inspirational Leadership: The skills to lead projects across a multi-functional global organization. Be able to define new work processes as well as operate effectively within those that already exist
3) Proven track record in strong ("perfect") execution and the ability to multi-task
4) Extraordinary organizational savviness: A self-starter and team player who proactively seeks to contribute, works collaboratively with key regional and global stakeholders and demonstrates agility in face of organizational changes
5) Demonstrable passion for Luxury Brand Marketing
The Assistant Manager, Category Marketing will apply insights uncovered by the Consumer Insights team to inform strategy development around the consumer target and the proposition development. S/he will translate consumer insights to create a long-term strategic plan for key fashion icons and identify patterns that may generate new business or go to market ideas.
This individual will partner with Category Merchandising to provide analysis for each new initiative based on sound data based rationale and deliver data based strategic solutions to business issues and challenges through exceptional business analytics. S/he will work with Regional teams and Finance to ensure category plans are sufficient to deliver the sales targets. The Assistant Manager will translate the Fashion Category’s Long Range Strategic Plans into key initiatives from brief to execution as well as define the annual marketing plan for fashion collections that drives awareness and market share/purchase goals for each region. S/he will develop an effective way of measuring if we are spending marketing dollars effectively to deliver target sales and synthesize regional and market level needs into strategy development. The assistant manager will partner with internal peers to create an initiative calendar that is balanced and meets business needs and align Product Development and Design briefs that support the long range plan goals. Along with Category Marketing Director/VP, s/he will lead the creation of clearly articulated creative briefs for Brand and Creative teams and ensure creative briefs and final marketing assets meet the needs of the business. S/he will then partner with key global functions to develop and deliver the 360 launch plan for each initiative to inform and guide marketing efforts in all regions.
The Assistant Manager, Category Marketing will build strong and effective partnerships with colleagues throughout the company.