The main objectives of the GSO Operational Shared Services Team are to 1) create conditions that maximize productivity through operational excellence, development of selling capabilities and staff optimization and 2) ensure store staff are equipped with the right tools and know-how to consistently deliver a stellar client experience and support the omni-channel offerings of a luxury retailer. The team will lead and provide operational guidance on projects across all sales channels (Retail, Trade, DM/ E-Commerce) in each of the regions with the goal of optimizing sales opportunities, operational efficiency, and profitability.
This position will support Retail business leads on Retail Foundation as well as overseeing smaller-scale initiatives and provide support on operational excellence and retail projects which focus on maximizing store productivity and driving process improvements to elevate store network wide efficiency in partnership with corporate/regional/market teams, and global standardization of retail policies and procedures.
• Perform project management functions for Retail Foundation including; requirements gathering, detailed planning, monitoring milestones, supporting any system testing, as well as facilitating any change management or training needs.
• Support Global Sales Operations management in developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for retail operational/sales initiatives. Collaborate with relevant functional areas to provide necessary guidance to business owners to execute initiatives according to project objectives and in compliance with Corporate policy and local regulations.
• Support Operational Shared Services management with evaluation and pursuit of business process improvement opportunities that ensure operational efficiency in stores worldwide.
• Responsible for ad hoc reporting such as compiling and preparing requests for management and senior management as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 5 years’ work experience
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with small to mid-scale project management
• Strong organizational and time management skills in order to handle multiple and/or changing priorities
• Technically savvy, must be proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access)
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
• Experience with working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Background or interest in retail, strongly preferred