Tiffany & Co. is currently seeking a Senior Business Data Analyst based out of our Parsippany, NJ location. The primary purpose of this position is to analyze data and translate findings into business requirements for new marketing initiatives and to support development and enhancements of CRM business applications. The Senior Business Data Analyst is responsible for developing a deep knowledge of supported business areas, conducting business requirement sessions, documenting current and to-be process flows and creating detailed requirements documents to support development.
The Senior Business Data Analyst will be responsible for documenting current and to-be process flows to understand and examine business processes using user roles, use cases, edit rules, wireframes and other system specifications in detail. S/he will also conduct requirements sessions with business users and subject matter experts while providing guidance in formulating new requirements and improving business processes by coming up with creative and alternative approaches to solving business problems, provide insights as to the best means to analyze and combine multiple data sources to form accurate and meaningful datasets and mine data for trends and gap analyses. Additionally, the role will articulate how the data is impacting current operational procedures and/or future projects on the CRM roadmap.
The Analyst will also conduct exploratory data analysis to identify potential influential variables or relationships, extract data (ad hoc and via ongoing feeds) and create quality control processes to audit extracted lists, and ensure continuous quality improvement and governance is maintained on all processes.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 to 8 Years of experience in an IT Business Analyst role
• Demonstrated experience documenting use cases and functional requirements
• Demonstrated experience and expertise with database management including ingesting new data sources , data cleansing, and ETL processes
• Demonstrated experience and expertise with database query tools (SQL)
• Demonstrated experience and expertise with data mapping tools
• Previous experience with a campaign management platform such as Adobe Campaign, IBM Campaign, or Eloqua
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Working knowledge of email and direct marketing activities practices and procedures
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project preferred
• Retail experience preferred