The Sales Training Manager - New York City will be responsible for sustaining the key behavior and performance model for the "Tiffany Experience" in Tiffany & Co. Northern America with a focus on the New York City market. Specifically, in partnerhsip with corporate support groups, the Sales Training Manager – New York City will be responsible for designing, developing, delivering and assessing training programs for Tiffany Northern America retail employees. The ultimate goal is to create Tiffany brand ambassadors who are knowledgable about Tiffany products, have a strategic approach to selling and clienteling, and provide world-class service that results in maximum productity, brand loyalty and market share growth. The primary responsibilities of the Sales Training Manager - New York City will be to develop and manage New York City based trainings, including New Hire onboarding, sustained learning opportunities for established Retail employees and New York Seasonal training. This individual will have one direct report, the New York City Sales Trainer, working together to “light a fire of passion” for the New York City market and the Region.
Core Content and Program Oversight:
- Partner with corporate support teams to design and develop training classes and educational materials to fill identified learning needs, curriculum gaps or strategic initiative-based trainings for the New York City Market and Northern America Region.
- Create core, instructionally sound content focusing on drivers of sales, sales strategies, product expertise and launches, luxury service essentials, after sales service selling opportunities, clienteling, and providing management competency development to Retail store and sales leaders.
- Set learning and development New York City market priorities based on identified needs, business goals and priorities and partnership with Retail leadership.
- On-going measurement and evaluation of programs' effectiveness and efficiency.
Deliver Instructor-led Training Programs:
- Facilitate or co-facilitate Tiffany sales, product-knowledge and management development programs to achieve learning and performance goals.
- Provide support for post-training endeavors, i.e. follow-up partnerships, coaching, strategic correspondence, surveys, etc.
- Create project plans, document delivery time lines, resource requirements, budgetary controls and deliverables.
- Both independently and partnering with the Northern America Training Coordinator to coordinate program/project logistics and administration, as required.
Sales Coaching for the "Tiffany Experience:"
- Monitor and observe daily customer interactions on the sales floors and debrief by sharing strengths and areas for improvement to the coachee as evaluated against the Power of Blue sales model and the Tiffany Experience Index, including product knowledge, selling skills and service essentials.
- Recommend and support short and long term solutions to closing performance gaps (further coaching, training classes, review of training materials, company resources, etc. - Partner with store management to identify high potential, monitor and coach the sales force independently on their individual targets and debrief sales figures in real time. Keep management updated on all coaching conversations, and action plans in a timely manner.
- Manage and develop direct report(s), supporting and coaching for performance success, including utilizing PMP process.
- Act as consultant and advisor to support business strategies and change for New York City Market and Northern America Region.